Wednesday, October 24, 2007

mountains mountains...... snow???











This was the best climb yet. We hiked at a killer pace up the mountain for three hours and took a bit of a nap at the top. It was gorgeous though chilly as you can see. When we woke up it was minus 5 c and we had to run down the mountain to keep warm. It was worth it though and it was an awesome time of viewing God's magnificant creation. I was wondering though on the way down why it got so cold. It was so bad I wanted to sing frosty the snow man and go to sleep in an italian pizzeria somewhere. All of a sudden this Frenchman comes trotting by us on the way down the mountain all decked out for Antartica and wearing a hat that says SKI on the top. I was like "VOILA!" clearly God thought this guy wanted to ski so He gave him the weather and the snow. Someone should talk to people who wear ski hats and gear on nice sunny days- it just ruins it for everyone. The second picture is of the guys I was hiking with. When I gave them Snickers they were overjoyed. The first picture is of the frozen grass.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so see, what you do next time, is dress in your swim trunks, lather sunblock on, and take a beach umbrella or two....it's worth a shot, i guess;)

christine! said...

those are awesome pictures, jon!

Unknown said...

I love the finger in the last picture!! ;) You have a really good eye for taking pictures though, I am very impressed! I particularly like the one that looks like a shooting star but is actually a plane (I think??). I also really enjoy seeing the pictures to go with your stories... I miss you!

Unknown said...

Jon, the pictures are amazing...Love you, Mom

ACross said...

actually ariel, that is superman... Its hard to tell the difference sometimes. Hey, Jon, good to see you are not stuck in the books all the time. You will be glad to know that we had snow here for the first time last week. You are not alone in a frozen world. Ill catcha later.