Monday, October 1, 2007

the day of the alpes, the chinese and knowing nothing











They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so basically this is my way of cheating out of a short novel. Woody took me up a peak today and as you can see, the view is breathtaking. It is at a place where three mountain ranges of the French Alpes converge and form a basin, which contains the town in which I live and the city of Grenoble. If you have really good eyes you can see the ski resort where the olympics were held a few years ago. Pray as I start classes tomorrow that I have the boldness and words to share the Good News with my classmates. Today I showed up for my exam amid hundreds of chinese and was waved into a room where I was interviewed by a French teacher and all I could do was laugh because I had absolutely NO idea what she was saying. After she realized what was going on, we both had a good laugh and she kicked me out with the words, "you know nothing. come back tomorrow." I then had some interesting conversation with Chinese students who think that French and English are identical. They kept trying to talk to me but I didn't know half of what they were saying because every other word was French, and they didn't understand what they were doing. I do have to say, though, it is quite the experience to have a conversation with 20 chinese people at once and not even know what they are saying......

No comments: