Monday, October 15, 2007






































I stumbled upon an old church and a convent from the 17th Century today as I was looking for a friend's pizza shop in the Italian quarter. I am struck by the rich history of the Church and the Gospel that can be found in France. But as I found today, the churches are nothing more than tourist stops and bulletin boards while folks stand by at the bus stop watching and yelling at the drunk puking on himself and begging for something to eat. I wonder if the guards that stand around in the old church (now museum) smoking all day ever wonder why a few men would risk everything to build such a magnificent meeting hall. I don't have to wonder quite as hard why that drunkard at the bus stop slurred to me about getting drunk so he could kill himself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's soooo pretty! i envy you...praying for you, and your girlfriend has been...fun? ;) kidding, it's been cool...miss ya..lyl(love ya lots-it's a nana saying:)
Lizi