Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pictures of Grenoble

These are a few pictures I was able to take the other day when I was waiting for my bus. French lessons are still at the same altitude, which is pretty far over my head. I started talking to a girl in French on the tram today after my friend took his stop, and she said, "its ok, I'm Canadian, we can talk in English. You're American right?" I responded, "how did you know?" Than I realized that 1. My jeans weren't painted on 2. I wasn't wearing a man purse 3. I didn't have an entire bottle of gel in my hair(no offense of course) 4. I was talking to the person next to me(an apparent taboo) 5. I had a camera 6. Apparently I have a severe accent 7. I said that I was an American. I think that's where she got me.

























4 comments:

Unknown said...

painted on jeans? hmmmm....france sounds...interesting;) praying for ya'...Jewlzy says "i love you, jonny!"
Lizi
next time just try not to say you're american...maybe you should sew a white flag to your jacket...it might go a long way to fooling them;) hee hee

ACross said...

you met a fellow Canadian? Whats her name? I might know her.

Unknown said...

Hi, Jon. Hope you are well. Mandi is not so hot right now. She is under the surgeon's knife as I type. Her appendix gave her some trouble yesterday and today. Pop is with her and I will be there with her tom. until they release her from that place.

I love you and miss you. Mom

Amanda Kontz said...

hey have no fear...mandi....is here?
yes. boy. I want to come see you....I am applying for my passport. so if I get it beofore you leave and I have money at the same time (a feat of miraculous....mislapse in underspending...) I want to come see you. I love you, Sweetheart.