Thursday, October 4, 2007

First French at La Feu

Well today was my first conversation in French and it was at the La Feu, an Evangelical fellowship for University students. I was embarrased at how many times I had to ask the poor guy to slow down and repeat things, and at how many things he had to explain in English, but it was an exciting achievment. Language classes are going well, but they are very challenging and I am in a fog of sounds and da's and la's and le's and vous and vous etes, apostrophes and exceptions and pronouncing my "s" like a girl. It is an interesting experience. Thanks to you who prayed, I feel much better and feel that I am on the road to recovery. I give thanks first to God, and second to the "pain au chocolat" the French chocolate filled croissant. One more pastry I am sure will line the streets in Heaven.

Bon Nuit!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

feeling any better? Je vous aime jon, et la famille envoie leur amour aussi. vous ĂȘtes fou. si vous chiffrez que ceci dit, alors vous avez meilleur français qu'i.
Lizi;)-hee hee

ACross said...

hey, sorry I missed your call. I tried to answer but ended up hanging up instead... Crazy days here - painting... Give me a call when you get chance and I look forward to catching up.

Amanda Kontz said...

I really am so jealous. lol
miss you. love you :)