Friday, September 28, 2007





















the first picture is me in my room. i am wearing my new french jacket because it snowed today.
the second is the town one over from where I live. Beautiful, eh? and yes, that is snow up on the mountain. the third is Woody Lewis, the man that I am interning with. He is a very cool guy, very patient and kind. It is a privilege to learn from him. We stopped at a little cafe here in Fontainille to get fat. the pastries here are unreal. Like buttery, chocolaty, goodness, packaged by angels in heaven...you get the picture.

Yesterday I went to La Feu, the ministry I will be working with, and stayed there for about seven hours meeting and trying to converse with students from the Ukraine, Canada, Germany, Singapore, France, America and Italy. It was an eye-opening experience and a humorous one as well. Take for instance the time I was standing in the kitchen talking to the guy who was preparing dinner and a girl walked in and towards me, leaning in as if she was trying to get something behind me. I instinctively leaned out of the way prompting her to almost fall over trying to kiss me on the cheek. Akward! When she caught her balance (slight hyperbole) she kissed me on both cheeks in her tradition and then walked out. I had just been introduced to the tradition I can't spell or pronounce in the most akward way possible. Until the next embarrasing incident, bonne voyage!

Jon

No comments: