Wednesday, December 12, 2007

cool happenings

So,

there were a couple things that happened the past couple days that really showed the presence of God so I wanted to share them.

The other day I had a meeting with a young aspiring missionary in France, and I had prayed that morning God would give me an opportunity to spread His love. I didn't know that Nicolas had prayed the same. As we were eating lunch in one of the university restaurants an Iranian girl came and sat next to us. After a bit she started talking to us and we talked for about an hour. Nicolas was able to give her a gospel of John and she said she would come to the Feu for a Bible study. She seemed interested in talking about spiritual things. This was a clear answer to prayer and a great encouragement.

I have also missed a very important meeting for being allowed to stay in France. As most of the world knows, even if you follow all the rules, dealing with the authorities is at the least volatile. I was quite gutted that I missed this meeting and I have attributed it to the fact that I mixed up the dates and times that I was given. This is not too difficult to accomplish seeing that there were 5 different dates and times, they were all in French and all the dates and times are written differently than I have ever seen. I prayed a lot about it, but pretty much everyone I talked to said it wasn't likely I would escape this problem without some consequences. However, I went down to the controlle medicale today and was bumped to the front of the line, and was out with all my paper work in less than 15 minutes. If you have never lived here, you can't understand how much of a miracle this is. Also, the fact that I didn't have to strip down was quite a blessing too. I hate doing that for medical visits. Praise God. He is good even in small things.

Another thought. The probability of the theory of evolution can be comparable to the chances of Homer Simpson building the Eiffel Tower by himself, even if he was given 3 million years. Not very probable.

paix a le monde

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the awesome and truely inspiring realities of the incarnation of Christ is that the Almighty Creator of the vast infinite universe chose to make His entrance into the finite experience of frail humanity through the weak helplessness of an infant. Inspiring, because He continues His infinite incarnational work, purposed from before the world began, through our frail humanity. Be encouraged Jon, the work we are endeavoring to do "for Him" is His work in us and through us. That it may seem "foolish" and "weak", is good. "Our weakness" is often the stage on which God's might and glory are most spectacularly displayed. So, with Paul, glory in your weakness that the power of God may rest on you. As it has already. Prayers, Love and blessings, Pop

Amanda Kontz said...

update, bro. and post pictures of the engagement.